There are three ways to build your company’s email list: purchase one, rent one, or make one yourself. The first two options are questionable mostly because the recipients probably do not know your company and have little interest in reading your email. In fact, using a purchased mailing list can get you in trouble with your mail provider and even the law.
The best way to obtain an email list is by organically building it from scratch. The people on your list have already opted-in to receiving your email and are more likely to open your message. They will become your most loyal audience who will want to hear your every word.
Building your first email list is a tough but rewarding practice. After all, few people want to subscribe to yet another newsletter and fill their inbox with more messages. But if you do it correctly, it can be beneficial for you and the reader. Unsure where to start? Try using these seven handy tips:
1. Add call-to-action (CTA) buttons wherever you can. Create a perfect unique value proposition on your website’s landing page and entice your visitors with a noticeable CTA. (Ideally, your CTA button should be blue.) You can also add CTAs on social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
2. Give consumers who sign up exclusive benefits such as exclusive discounts, gifts, and premium content. Some websites give eBooks, free shipping, trials, and other cool perks. Brainstorm some ideas and see which ones work best.
3. Request email addresses during the sign-up process. This method is somewhat standard practice, and most companies already do it. It is a perfect way to ask users if they want to opt-in for notifications, updates, and newsletters.
4. Collect email addresses at real-life networking events or during online webinars. Ask for to join your mailing list so that they can receive additional information about your company. It’s a great way to keep in touch.
5. Use share buttons to get your existing customers to convert their friends. You can offer nice perks to consumers who refer new users to your company. Word-of-mouth advertising is one of the most effective forms of marketing, so it’s no wonder so many companies reward such behavior.
6. Promote yourself with partners and affiliates. For example, you can have a CTA button on a partner’s newsletter that offers something of interest in exchange for an email address.
7. Reach out to old customers. Give them an opportunity to join your emailing list. Your past customers are already familiar with your company, and they may be interested in receiving new offers or deals.
Having a mailing list is one of the most effective marketing tools at your disposal. It’s a fantastic way to reach hundreds, if not thousands, of customers on a consistent basis. Use these methods to build and captivate your audience.