In today’s world, it is critical for your business to have a mobile-friendly website. Aside from helping customers reach you, having a mobile site will affect your Google rankings.
This is because Google developed a feature that lets internet users know if the site they are about to access will be mobile-friendly or not. Websites that are mobile friendly will get an endorsement for it by Google. This new feature will encourage people to go to sites that are labeled mobile friendly.
• Responsive Design: Implementing a responsive design that will change the layout of your site based on the type of device the user is browsing with will help make your site more friendly towards mobile users.
• Forget Flash: Avoid software that is not used on mobile devices, such as Flash. Along with this, you want to use a text that can be read without zooming and leave links far enough apart that they can easily be tapped on.
• Speed is Key: If your site takes more than 7 seconds to load it will increase your bounce rate which indicates when someone leaves a site quickly after going to it. This is not a good thing and can cause low search engine rankings.
• Test It: If you’re unsure about what you need to change use Google’s mobile-friendly test. This will help let you know exactly what needs to be done to improve your website so it gets that endorsement.
• Avoid Penalization: If your site is not mobile friendly, Google will penalize your site. This gives you less visibility on the search engine results page in general.
Why Having a Good Mobile Site is Essential
Smartphones have liberated consumers from their computers and have allowed them to research things to do and places to eat on the go.
When a mobile user is searching for something, there is more urgency to query than your average desktop user. Mobile searchers don’t spend time going through pages of Google; they want to find what they need right away. As a result of this, people who conduct a Google local search on mobile are more likely to visit the location they searched for within 24 hours. Mobile users are looking for things like business hours, directions or the address of a particular place.
Having a mobile-friendly business site will allow you to connect with searchers, which in turn leads to more customers and an increase in profits. It is also vital to optimize other director listings too such as Yellow Pages, Facebook Places and so forth.
Also, you can use social media in conjunction with your website to engage with your mobile customer base. The bottom line is if your website is not mobile friendly, you are going to lose out on customers.
What is Mobile Seo and Why Does It Matter?